Build State-of-the-Art bots using RingCentral’s developer tools
In this online hackathon, RingCentral is inviting you to build a chatbot from scratch or port your existing messaging, virtual assistant, customer service, or e-commercial bots from other frameworks to support the RingCentral Glip bot framework for $10,000 in total cash prizes! If you can enrich your bot with additional RingCentral APIs including SMS, MMS, Data, Recordings among others, the higher your chance of winning.
RingCentral Glip is an intuitive team messaging and collaboration app that lets you better manage information and application overload, overflowing email inboxes, and the resulting sense of disorganization. With file sharing, video and screen sharing, full voice calling, and built in task management, Glip empowers you and your team to work better together and be more productive - all from a single hub that puts you at the center of communication.
With a complete set of open APIs, and support for popular bot frameworks, RingCentral Glip enables developers to embed deeper collaboration and task automation functionalities into key business workflows and apps, connecting cloud apps across the enterprise. You can create custom chatbots connected with leading AI engines, build custom alert bots that post notifications from other apps to predetermined teams, create new Glip teams and invite team members dynamically.
To get started you will need to sign up for a RingCentral Free Developer Account at https://developer.ringcentral.com and create a free sandbox.
Join the conversation on Twitter, follow us on @RingCentralDevs
Main Requirement: Build a chatbot for SMS or RingCentral Glip chat software using at least one RingCentral API.
You may build a chatbot from scratch or port your existing messaging, virtual assistant, customer service, or e-commercial bots from other frameworks to support the RingCentral Glip bot framework as long as it also uses at least one RingCentral API.
How to enter
1. Register for the challenge at ringcentral.devpost.com
2. Introducte yourself, find a teammate and collaborate with other participants
3. Join the Glip chat room to chat with RingCentral experts and other participants
4. Review the developer resources to get started building your app
5. Watch out for an invitation to the webinar to learn more about the RingCentral Developer Platform
6. Shoot your demo video (max length: 5 minutes) and take screenshots of your functioning app
7. Submit your app at ringcentral.devpost.com before the deadline of January 8, 2017 at 5:00PM ET. (If your bot code is private, don't forget to share your repo with firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline)
Expert Panel of Judges
Quality of the Idea
(Includes creativity and originality of the idea.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well the idea was executed and the extent to which the RingCentral APIs were leveraged.)
(Includes the extent to which the solution can improve the user’s chat or SMS experience.)